Posts by :
We are pleased to introduce to you our new offering “High-Yield Term Deposit” tailored to satisfy your investment appetite. We have expanded our term deposit investment funds to high-yield agricultural market. Our term deposit now provides members with an opportunity to benefit from highly competitive returns from robust investment portfolio. It has a minimum subscription amount of N100,000 and avails a rate up to 27% per annum with either 1 or 2-year tenure. Principal and interest are paid at maturity. This is tailored to suit the demands of short/medium term investors with low risk appetite. Key features include:
- Unmatched return on investment well above other low-risk investments
- Low risk with 100% principal protection
- Minimum tenure of 1 year and maximum of 2 years. Forfeiture of accrued interest on early liquidation
- Minimum investment of N100,000
- Be part of a community that fosters easy and cost effective acquisition of items and properties
- Be part of a community where you can take advantage of our savings and loan schemes to start or grow your business WITHOUT COLLATERAL. We offer savings and investments interest rates higher than what is obtainable in the money market and our loan interest is below the Central Bank of Nigeria benchmark interest rate
- Be part of a community where you are entitled to dividends from the cooperative’s returns on investment
- Be part of a community where you can advertise/showcase your products and services online free of charge
- Be part of a community where you can access quality educational/learning materials in your areas of interest free of charge – to keep developing yourself
- Be part of a community where everyone progresses in the community and members can earn extra income by referring members to the community
Just like a banking system, our operation is fully automated and members can manage their accounts from anywhere. We have built a robust online platform that will manage members’ profiles and all schemes of the cooperative. Every member is required to enroll and would have an online cooperative account (e-wallet) which would be used to manage member’s payments and funds in all schemes of the cooperative (Savings, Loan). Members would be able to view funds, interests, repayments/balance and status etc. on all schemes when they open their online cooperative account (e-wallet).
Our resources are channeled towards:
- Real Estate
- Downstream Oil and Gas
In addition to the above, all funds committed for savings would be invested in high-yield markets.
- A member shall be eligible for a loan after six (6) months of active membership – must have made regular thrift savings for a period not less than six (6) months as at the time of application for loan;
- Loans may be granted to members subject to availability of funds and shall be for purposes, which in the opinion of the Management Committee are productive or necessary, and in the best interest of the borrower;
- Interest on any loan to members shall be charged at a rate determined by the Management Committee but shall at all times be less than the benchmark interest rate set by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN);
- Every borrower shall execute a bond and provide two (2) guarantors/sureties who must be members of the cooperative. Defaulting on loan repayment would be difficult given the structure in place. In the case it happens, regular thrift savings account of defaulter and guarantors shall be debited to repay the loan + some penalty charges;
- Maximum credit limit (loan amount) shall be twice (x2) the total regular thrift savings of the applicant as at the time of the application. Loan repayments shall be automatically deducted from the member’s online cooperative account (e-wallet) every month;
- The loan bond together with guarantors/sureties’ approval is managed through an automated request-and-approval process.
- There are 2 types of savings plan – High-Yield Term Deposit and Regular Thrift Savings;
- A member can do a term deposit (one-time cash lodgement) at an unmatched interest rate of 21% per annum and a minimum tenure of one year. This deposit can be increased at any time or rolled over at the end of tenure with applicable interest rate. This deposit cannot be withdrawn/liquidated before expiration of tenure, except the member is ready to lose accrued interest. If this happens, only the amount deposited would be paid to the member. All funds committed for term deposit are invested in high-yield markets;
- Members shall be encouraged to make regular thrift savings, minimum of which shall not be below N5,000 (Five Thousand Naira) per month;
- The amount of the regular thrift savings can be changed after a specified period, and also in the case that the member took a loan where a reduction in thrift savings can be accommodated;
- Members shall only be entitled to dividends if they participate in Regular Thrift Savings;
- Dividends on regular thrift savings shall be paid at the end of every financial year. The rate of dividends payable shall be determined after the surplus has been ascertained and necessary reserves created.